Monday, November 30, 2015

My Sunday League Experience

Hey everyone,

So yesterday I got a chance to do something that I wanted to do since I started the process of coming to study abroad here. I got to play in my first proper English football match, and for the folks back home it's soccer. But earlier this year I tried my hand at getting a team together to play in a sunday league and that unfortunately failed, but it opened a door to play for another team instead. I decided to join the Football society and play for the UPFC Sparrows. It's was a while till my first game, but I didn't mind the wait because I just wanted to play.

Sunday came around and I met the rest of the team in front of one of our local bars to get a cab over to the pitch where we play. I got a ride over with one of the guys, and we talked football over the way there. I was just itching to put on my boots and get on the pitch. When we finally got to the pitch a match was already underway. It was a 3g turf pitch just like the Seacoast United ones I played on back in high school and it made me feel right at home.


I was told that I would be playing center back during our match, and I would be starting. I was pumped that I would be getting the start, but granted that there was only 11 of us so we didn't have subs or a man to offer as a linesman. O yeah in sunday leagues to players for each team are the linesman for the official. But back on topic when we were able to get our kit tops, it just so happens I grab my number, 14, out of all the tops we had so I know this was going to be a good time.


   Unfortunately, since we didn't have any subs I didn't have anyone to ask to get a photos of me playing. But it was alright, and even though we played well we lost. I had some great plays and the cleanest slide tackle in the box I think I have ever had. I got up the pitch twice but didn't have a chance at goal. I'm looking forward to playing more for the Sparrows, and seeing where the season takes the team.

I hope you all liked this post and if you want more updates about how the team is doing let me know in the comments below, and I'll make sure to post more. I'll also leave a link below so you can see the table and see where we are. Have a great day, and I'll talk to you all soon.

Table:
http://full-time.thefa.com/Index.do?league=281915906

-Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment