Saturday, September 12, 2015

Nerves and Packing

Hey guys!

So it's the day before I leave, and I'm really pumped about it. But with leaving comes nerves and just the goodbyes and to be honest I'm not looking forward to that. I think once I get through the gate I'll be good, but I'm just a bit nervous with traveling. Like I stated before its the first time I've left the country so I think thats one of the things.

The goodbyes on the other hand is something that I am not looking forward to. I've been doing the farewell dinners, (I'm actually going to one after I write this), seeing friends, and hanging with family I won't be seeing in a while, and to be honest it sucks. I love my family and my friends, and I hate seeing them get upset. But they need to understand that I'll be back in no time, and I have to do this for me. Yes tomorrow will be hard, but it just means that I have people back home that care and want to see me succeed.

Ok, now that I have vented I can tell you guys now whats ahead. I have to finish packing today and tomorrow, and later in the day tomorrow I will be going down to Lynn, MA with my family hanging at my Uncle's place and he'll drive us to Logan. I'll probably check-in there, and got through the gate. Its going to be a long night of traveling and won't end till around 7pm UK time on Monday, so I do have to say I will be exhausted.

But I just want to say thank you to everyone that's read this. I hope you have found this helpful on your study abroad journey. I'll be writing a post about the visa process shortly because I want you all to know how to not make it a headache like I might have. I also want to take a moment and thank all my friends and family that have pushed me and helped me get this far. If it wasn't for you I would not have got this fair. Well the next time I write I will be out of the country, and I will leave you with the exciting words of Bilbo Baggins, "I'm going on an adventure!"

Till next time,
-Tucker

  

No comments:

Post a Comment