Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pre-departure Orientation

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I've had a chance to write, but things have finally slowed down class and work wise so I wanted to update you all on whats going on.

First I just want to give a huge thank you to everyone who has donated to help me get over to Plymouth. Whether it was just a share or it was was a donation it means a ton and I can't thank you enough.

But on to some good news. Over the past few weeks I had the opportunity to figure out what classes I want to take well I'm abroad, as well as the online classes that I will be taking from PSU when I'm abroad. We figured out that I will need to take a online class over the summer in order to graduate on time because of my study abroad. Other than that its just a matter of hearing back from Plymouth, taking care of housing, a visa, and a flight then I'm ready and set to go.

Last night how ever I got the opportunity to meet several students from both Plymouth, and Middlesex Universities, as well as go through my pre-departure orientation where I meet the other two PSU students that will be in Plymouth with me next fall.

First things first we all sat through a powerpoint that filled all of us in on things like culture shock, what and how to act when getting off the plan, dealing with money the whole nine yards. I asked a few questions, and some of my key questions got answered last night which is helping me to prepare. I got a chance to meet both James and Josie who are going to Plymouth with me which was really great to put faces to names.

After the powerpoint we had a chance to speak with Josh, who is a student here from Plymouth University. He filled us in on what the first two weeks are like, and what life in Plymouth really is like. But one thing he said really kinda stood out. He had just finished talking about what life in Plymouth is like and he told us rarely to say no to doing something. Whether your extremely tired, little bit sick or just want to relax, try your best to go and do as much things that you could do. That stuck out to me because I really want to do as much as I can theres, so it makes me thing that I will follow that philosophy when I'm there.

The chance to meet the people that I will be studying abroad with, and the fact that its so close to heading over there is crazy. They asked how we feel now that we had gone through the pre-departure I was the first to say pumped and ready to head abroad.

-Tucker

Gofundme link: gofund.me/s5nrtq8

No comments:

Post a Comment